Sidebar Archives

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Welcome!!!

Well hello everyone! My name is Rob Joyce, and I am a 17-year-old who aspires to become a broadcaster (after all, those AP classes need to go to good use...). So after the idea was put into my head by a colleague at a sportscasting seminar I attended this summer at Hofstra University, and with the endorsement of a good friend, I've decided to create my own blog. It will consist of my thoughts on the sports world, because there aren't enough of those already. The majority of my posts will be extended versions of my weekly sports commentary seen every Wednesday by the good folks of Coventry High School on the CHS morning announcements. Of course, there will be a few extras here and there, because after all, some weeks there are just too many topics to choose from. So whether you agree or disagree, feel free to comment, send feedback, or start discussions. There will certainly be plenty to talk about... First official post will be up within a few days, previewing all six of the BCS bowl games.

5 comments:

  1. Rob...you will always be Robby in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. which corey is this? there are too many lol. and zack... you're too funny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great!!!! Hey- I just figured out how to use some of the gadgets, if you want help come see me.

    ~Mrs. K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Robby,

    This looks great...ready to tackle the best baseball team of the decade. I'm not sure why there is any argument regarding the best team of the "aughts". The Yankees won 2 WS (start and finish) appeared in 40% of the series for the decade. Finished with the most wins of any team and won the (toughest) division 6 times...I know the sentimental favorite is the Red Sox. But if you go by what was done during the decade (and only the decade) you have to go with the Yanks. Just a start, I am sure, on the conversation. Best wishes to you and your family and the Happiest of the new decade to come. Wish you were playing one more year of Jr Legion. Be well. Coach Glidden

    ReplyDelete